Wednesday 10 February 2016

Megan

Todays post has nothing to do with Tatting.  It's a celebration of the life of Megan.  Megan was the 12 year old labrador belonging to my Crazy Dutch friend and her lace bobbin turning husband.  She unfortunately passed away after a major heart attack whilst out on a walk with Mike yesterday.

Meg was one of those full of life dogs that one comes across sometimes.  Always happy to see people (particularly if she thought she could persuade them to give her a big biscuit or even a little biscuit!!).  Bouncing up to the door and barking to let the whole world know that a friend had come to visit her... not her humans you understand... just visit her!!  Distinct shades of 'It's my Fuss Time so just give me a scratch and a rub round the ears... no I did NOT give you permission to stop!!'  When we get together to make lace I'm usually the first there, closely followed by Jill, another lab owner who Meg was absolutely certain would have more than 2 'treats' in her pocket... one for as soon as Jill got to the door, and one at coffee time!  'Let me make certain you aren't telling me that your pockets are empty.'  Lickety Split (my nickname for her) would tell you it was time for an apple, or a banana, or a walk, or a big biscuit.... and she knew the time as well!!

Anyway... she is with us no more... I'm sure wherever she is, she's bouncing up to people she hasn't yet met and saying... 'This ear first, now the back, now this ear, no don't stop... and are you absolutely certain you don't have a treat in that pocket??' and still looking for pussy cats in the gardens, they'd always gone over the fence by the time she realised!!


RIP Megan.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely obituary for her - I've never been able to have a dog since our beloved Peppy died very suddenly more than 10 years ago. Closely followed by the cat. We cried for three months! Never again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen. I'll pass your comments on to her former owners.

      Delete
  2. Lovely obit for a lovely looking doggie. We mourn them just the same as any family member.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly do Batty Tatter. In a lot of ways they are members of our family, and they give just as much love and affection. I'm going to print the whole blog post off in a few days and give it to them so that they can see that other people are sad for them too. I know I am!

      Delete
  3. Animals are so much a part of the family. We mourn for them the same as we do any other family member. I cried for weeks after coyotes killed my sister's elderly dog. My condolences to your friends.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete