Saturday 8 March 2014

I did a....

N'elephant!!! LOL

Hi all!

Last week was my great, crazy, dutch friend and fellow bobbin lacemakers birthday!!  Now she's bonkers about elephants.... nearly as bonkers as I am about Wols!!  (If you don't know what they are... ask Winnie the Pooh!!) VBG

So... what do you give a fellow lacemaker for her birthday when you haven't got a lace fair before the event or a shop or craft stall where there's something leaping up and down shouting 'Me.... Me.... Pick Me!!'

I hit that wonderful thing - the internet.... and there on Jane's site was Nellie!!  I'd been in a local'ish craft shop a few weeks ago and got hold of some DMC 25 coton a broder.... along with a light shopping bag from another....

2 tatting shuttles, some thread, a bead from my stash and a few mornings later (yes, mornings.... I was tatting at 6.30 am at another friends house waiting for it to be time to wake her kids for school while she was at work!!)  I produced this:



The bracelet was from Avon, couldn't resist it - it had a Nellie too!!  It's stitched to the front pocket of a lilac bag, you can just see the colour at the top.

I think she was over the moon with it!!

Also, got round to finishing some UFT's (Un Finished Tattings!!)



The first hankie was started last year and finished after Christmas, I think the pattern was one of Jennifer Williams from the Ring of Tatters Pattern a month, either 2012 or 2013, but I haven't got it to hand at the moment... Jennifer thinks it's one of hers too!  Thread was Lizbeth's Pink Cocoa.


This next one is now pinned to a hankie waiting stitching....  I've had the hankie for around 40 years, and it was still in it's packet!!!


I started it last summer, the pattern is another of Jane's.... Fandango Edging! done in Valdani 80 equivalent, or thereabouts... I finally finished it last night!!  Promise to put up a pic when it's stitched... I'm half way through another snowflake, a dr...., a g.... and I've got my eye on a new hankie edging that will also be a Long project!!!

I read earlier that a girl can't have too many shuttles.... does this mean I need more in case they're all full of thread???  (my excuse and I'm sticking to it.... LOL)

Off to find me thread for some empty shuttles now!!

Chat later

3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! I like your edging color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous gift!!! :)
    And two beautiful edgings!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lilas & Gods Kid!! I Loves them too....

    ReplyDelete